Tuesday 17 April 2012

Meeting with Roree Windus, Third year embroidery student (22nd March 2012)

As I examined each third year embroidery student’s description about themselves, as individuals and their work I was immediately drawn to Roree Windus and was genuinely surprised that not many others were.
Her work concerns abstract expressionism principally though emotion and the physicality of painting. The work exploring emotions inspired me greatly and I felt a connection immediately with some of her preparatory paintings. Rorree spoke of a time in her life where loss was rife and her pieces began to reflect it. They took an almost macabre or depressive state which I thought to be very interesting. However, she also stated that she wanted to steer away from the such which I thought to be a pity as her emotions, being so raw at that particular time in her life, was conveyed into some beautiful images.
Rorree Windus’ work, to me is pieces that reflect the time where she almost escapes reality and the world in which she inhabits. She instead, comes into tune with herself and her emotive state at the time which I believe is a truly beautiful path to go down as an artist.

She finished her presentation by quoting Emini, “Life is my art, I create how I feel”.

No comments:

Post a Comment